The core aims of our Environmental Policy are to:
- Minimise the potential environmental impact of our activities
- Ensure that our operations contribute to sustaining the environment
- Prevent damage to the environment.
At Wessex, our commitment extends to any activity which could potentially have an adverse affect on the environment. We aim to prevent environmental damage, minimise our energy and resource usage and ensure that the principles of sustainable development are implemented through all Wessex operations and procedures. We will therefore:
- Commit adequate finance for the implementation, operation and continuing development of our Environmental Management System.
- Comply with and wherever possible exceed the environmental requirements of appropriate legislative bodies and our customers
- Minimise and where reasonably practicable eliminate any adverse impact on the environment arising from the activities of our business
- Minimise the use of energy, resources consumed and waste produced whilst undertaking our business activities in a safe and professional manner
- Support the reuse and recycling of materials and ensure the legal disposal of all waste arising from the activities of the business
- Identify the significant environmental aspects and impacts from activities and services and, where we have direct control or can be expected to have an influence, update our Environmental Management System to control them
- Ensure that all employees whose work may create a significant impact upon the environment are provided with adequate and appropriate information and training and are competent in environmental matters
- Inform and train our employees in understanding and fulfilling our environmental responsibilities
- Establish and measure environmental performance against our objectives and targets
- Strive to further improve our environmental performance and awareness
- How we undertake our business is therefore reviewed on a regular basis to consider alternative ways of working that may positively contribute to sustainable development of the environment.
Consideration will always be given to:
- Reducing energy and resource use
- Returning used resources
- Recycling used resources
- Reusing resources wherever possible
- Redesigning processes / equipment
- Designing out’ waste and energy conscious processes
- Reducing incoming and outgoing packaging waste
- Minimising travel and transportation
- ‘End of life’ disposal
- Purchasing from sustainable sources
- Rethinking the way that we do business
To find out about our Eco Solutions Package click here.