At Wessex we take great pride in knowing that our lodges and park homes are the very best you can buy. Our homes and lodges are built not only to comply with BS3632:2015 but exceed its requirements in almost every aspect of their build.
We are not a caravan manufacturer, we build timber-framed buildings to the full residential standard which are suitable to live in throughout the year. We construct our homes to be as low maintenance as possible with the very best materials. It is our policy to maintain control of every aspect of our homes which is critical to their quality and longevity. In this way we can be sure that you are getting a home which will last a life time and match the longevity of NHBC traditional brick built homes.
Our manufacturing facility at Brandon in Suffolk was built specifically for constructing lodges and park homes and has a main factory unit of 180,000sq ft; a UPVC window factory; an office block and showground. We are proud to have the biggest facility in the industry with five production lines on a 13½ acre site.
The construction process:
- Our industry renowned and tested “inverted truss” design chassis are designed and fabricated by our BS 4872 certified engineers in accordance with the tolerances set out in COP501. The main frame is constructed from at least 6mm hot rolled steel, angled to minimise deflection and therefore accommodate the structural stresses caused during transportation and siting.
- Our roof trusses are assembled in our own truss plant using conventional nail-plates and our twin homes provide central support to the roof trusses via proprietary beams.
- We manufacture our own PVCu windows and doors to domestic standards with internal beading for extra security at our in-house production facility. We ensure that our product remains fresh with up to date design features. Our windows feature WHS Halo and Kommerling profile and Holloseal insulated sealed glass units.
- Our internal walls are constructed with plasterboard to give a better quality finish
- Our use of plasterboard walls gives greater fire protection, reduces sound transmission and gives the solid construction feel of a traditional home
- Over 90% of cabinets used in our kitchens and bedrooms are manufactured in-house to provide continuity and to ensure the highest possible standards are maintained
- Our homes are decorated by hand to provide a superior final finish
- Our unique and stylish interiors are renowned across the industry – our design team only ever uses 'A' grade branded appliances, luxurious fabrics and quality furnishings