0845 257 0400

What's the difference between a Residential Park Home and a Caravan Holiday Home?

Park homes (and all Wessex lodges) are built to the British Residential Standard BS 3632. Structures built to this standard are timber framed, for residential use and are suitable for living in throughout the year. A park home (or lodge built to this standard) can be used as your main UK residence if sited on a park or location with a residential licence.

A caravan holiday home is built to EN 1647, which is a lower build standard in terms of the overall structure and level of insulation. Caravan holiday homes are only suitable for seasonal use due to the lower level of insulation and build quality.

All of our homes and lodges are built to BS 3632 making them energy efficient and suitable for living in all year round. If you wish to use your home as your primary residence, you will need to make sure that you choose a park with a residential licence as opposed to one with a holiday licence.

Back NEW