Pet Friendly Adaptions
You may have gathered from our #RealFurryFriends series on Facebook and Twitter that Wessex has a soft side for our four-legged friends; we’re certainly not alone! The trend for dog friendly holiday accommodation is growing but it’s not just parks that are providing pet friendly options.
If you’re thinking of buying a luxury lodge for your park and want to optimise on the growing market for pet friendly accommodation, Wessex can help! All our lodges are built individually to specification so from designer dog beds to pet feeding stations and from dog doors to dog showers (such as in the Allure luxury lodge), pet friendly adaptions can be accommodated.
Some interesting facts about pet-friendly accommodation from leading holiday bookings operator, Hoseasons:
- A noticeable change has been seen in recent years with operators embracing the pet friendly market
- Pet friendly accommodation now represents around 24% of the self-catering market
- The average additional cost to a break is £60 per week (across Hoseasons specialist brands)
- For many years pet owners have often been allocated the oldest accommodation on-site due to the impact of the additional wear and tear. Not so anymore! Visitors now expect better quality accommodation on par with the offering of the rest of the park
- Interiors of pet friendly accommodation are required to reflect the needs of pets such as hard floors and an area set aside for feeding and grooming.